Monday, July 11, 2011

Baby Holly Is Here!

As you can tell, Dan has created a new blog for our growing family. I believe if you went to Elliott's blog it will automatically redirect you here. It's so nice to know someone who is so good with this stuff!

Welcome Baby Holly Elise Porter!!

She arrived on July 3rd, was 6lbs, 13 oz and measured 20'' long (though I'm skeptical about that one).

Around 3:45am I woke up from a dream where I was having a baby and it was painful. The pain was real as I was having my first contraction. Throughout the night I timed them, showered, ate, snoozed. At around 8:20am I decided to wake Dan up because the contractions had become closer together and much more painful. We called his parents to come for Elliott and we finished packing for the hospital. After a very happy epidural I was able to deliver Holly at 2:50pm.

**I wrote the above last week, am just now getting back to finishing up this post**

Things around here have been good. Dan has been able to take 2 weeks off work and stay home with Elliott, Holly and I. Elliott is loving all the time with Dan and I love all the help he has been. Holly has been a really easy baby, so far. For the last 3 nights she has even slept well. She wakes up about every 3-4 hours to eat and might stay awake for an hour afterwards, but she has been sleeping amazingly well. I honestly can't even complain about feeling sleep deprived. Elliott has been adjusting well, too. He hasn't shown any jealousy over Holly. Mostly he is just upset that all the things he expected to be able to do with me still can't happen because I'm healing. I'm not sure what happened, but he's even listening better and has become a really good helper.

Here are some picture from the last week or so:







1 comment:

  1. Love it that you've started a new blog featuring both of your adorable children. :-) Love these pictures... especially the one of Elliott kissing Holly!

    ReplyDelete